I’m not sure where we picked up this recipe … but it’s probably my favorite white sauce recipe.
- 1 stick butter (1/4 pound)
- 25 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 packages of ravioli
Cook ravioli according to package directions in boiling water. While ravioli is cooking:
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped garlic; cook, but do not brown.
- Add parsley, onions, and mushrooms; sauté until mushrooms are desired firmness.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add wine and simmer for about a minute.
- Add cream and heat throughout.
- Drain ravioli and add to sauce.
- Fold in ½ the Parmesan cheese.
- Place sauce and ravioli in serving dish.
- Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Chop up Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce and mix in with garlic (the amount to add varies depending on individual taste).