If we apply the Democrat’s 10 Year Rule of Energy Investment to other things (in other words if they don’t pay off within 10 years they should be eliminated), then we should:
- Eliminate any form of retirement savings — it takes longer than 10 years to save for retirement and for most people, its more than 10 years away. So, using the Democratic logic we should eliminate all savings for retirement.
- Eliminate primary and secondary education — it takes more than 10 years to educate kids and it takes a while after they graduate before they’ve paid back the investment. So, using the Democratic logic we should eliminate schools.
- Eliminate home ownership — it takes longer than 10 years to buy the house, usually there’s a 30 year mortgage which is three times longer than the Democrats think investments should be made.
- Eliminate the War on Poverty — it’s been 40 years and the poor are still with us. So, by Democratic logic we should eliminate it.
- Eliminate Social Security — okay, this is a repeat of eliminating retirement savings (ignoring of course that Social Security is not a retirement plan but a pyramid scheme).
Following the Democratic [sic] logic, what other things should be eliminated?